Seven Produce Innovation Award Winners were recognized at the recent United Fresh 2018 confab.
This year’s honorees were selected by show attendees from a total of 36 contestants across seven categories: Best New Food Safety Solution, Best New Fruit Product, Best New Packaging, Best New Packing/Processing Equipment, Best New Vegetable Product, and two new categories for 2018, Best New Indoor Growing Technology and Best New Field Technology.
“This year’s Innovation Awards winners won from a field of excellent and qualified competitors,” said John Toner, United Fresh VP of convention and industry collaboration. “The exceptional creativity of these seven winners helped them stand out at United Fresh 2018.”
United Fresh President and CEO Tom Stenzel added, “The innovation of our member companies shape the entire produce industry and show attendees have the unique opportunity to see that ingenuity up close at United Fresh. Congratulations to this year’s winners and thank you to all participants for showcasing your creativity.”
The 2018 Produce Innovation Awards Winners are:
- Best New Food Safety Solution: Natures Natural Solutions LLC, Industrial Size Food Freshness Card
- Best New Fruit Product: Apeel Sciences, Apeel
- Best New Packing/Processing Equipment: Volm Cos. Inc., Volmpack Pouch Bagger
- Best New Vegetable Product: Mastronardi Produce/Sunset, Sunset Aloha Peppers
- Best New Indoor Growing Technology: IUNU, Luna
- Best New Field Technology: Food-Origins, Food Origins Data Collection Platform
- Best New Packaging: Mucci Farms, CuteCumber Poppers