The Retail Industry Leaders Association (RILA) added four new board members, including Meijer CEO Richard Keyes, and welcomed new board chairman Brian Cornell, chairman and CEO of Target Corp., in an election held Sunday in Tucson, Ariz.
Cornell, who succeeds former chairman Bill Rhodes of AutoZone, will serve a two-year term.
"The past year was one of tremendous change in retail as we saw fundamental shifts in where and how people choose to shop," Cornell said in a news release. "We also saw firsthand the power of our industry when we find common ground and advocate for consumers. As RILA's Chairman, I'm looking forward to the opportunity to build upon our shared successes and help drive positive change for our customers, our teams and our industry."
The new board members include: Gina Boswell, president of customer development for Unilever; Mark Breitbard, president and CEO of Banana Republic and Gap Inc.; Michele Buck, president and CEO of The Hershey Co.; and Richard Keyes, president and CEO of Meijer Inc.
"RILA is fortunate to be led by such an exceptional Board of Directors," said RILA President Sandy Kennedy. "Our success is in large part a result of their commitment to collaborate with one another and provide us with critical insights and direction. We're thrilled to welcome four additional Board members this year and we're confident that we will continue to accomplish great things under Brian's leadership."
The 2018 RILA Board of Directors include:
- Brian Cornell, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Target Corporation (Chairman)
- Mary Dillon, Chief Executive Officer, ULTA Beauty (Vice Chairman)
- Bill Rhodes, Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer, AutoZone, Inc. (Immediate Past Chairman)
- James Myers, Chairman, Petco Holdings, Inc. (Treasurer)
- Robert Niblock, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Lowe's Companies, Inc. (Secretary)
- Gina Boswell, President, Customer Development, Unilever*
- Mark Breitbard, President & Chief Executive Officer, Banana Republic, Gap Inc.*
- Shelley Broader, President & Chief Executive Officer, Chico's FAS, Inc.
- Michele Buck, President & Chief Executive Officer, The Hershey Co.*
- James Dinkins, President, Coca-Cola North America, The Coca-Cola Company
- Marvin Ellison, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
- Alexander Gourlay, Co-Chief Operating Officer, Walgreens Boot Alliance and President, Walgreen Co.
- Alan Hoskins, Chief Executive Officer, Energizer Holdings, Inc.
- Joe Jensen, Vice President, Internet of Things Group, and General Manager, Retail Solutions Division, Intel Corporation
- Richard Johnson, President & Chief Executive Officer, Foot Locker, Inc.
- Hubert Joly, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Best Buy Co., Inc.
- Richard Keyes, President & Chief Executive Officer, Meijer, Inc.*
- Stephen Laughlin, Vice President & Global Industry Leader, Retail, IBM Corporation
- Craig Menear, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer & President, The Home Depot, Inc.
- Michael Polk, Chief Executive Officer, Newell Brands
- Steve Rendle, President & Chief Executive Officer, VF Corporation
- Gregory Sandfort, Chief Executive Officer, Tractor Supply Company
- Jill Standish, Senior Managing Director, Global Retail Consulting Practice, Accenture
- Todd Vasos, Chief Executive Officer, Dollar General Corporation
- Sandra Kennedy, President, Retail Industry Leaders Association