Nominations are being accepted for a new grocery industry leadership awards program which will recognize emerging and established leaders in the retail bakery, deli, foodservice and dairy sectors.
Winsight Grocery Business and the International Dairy Deli Bakery Association (IDDBA) are collaborating to launch Champions of Change, which will annually honor recipients from the retailer, wholesaler, supplier, vendor and service provider communities who consistently demonstrate excellence and superior results logged between Jan. 1, 2018, and Jan. 1, 2019, in three categories:
Store Department Directors/Managers
Recognizes high-performing, results-oriented, customer-focused retail store department managers and assistant managers in the bakery, deli, foodservice/prepared foods and dairy departments.
Recognizes inspirational food industry professionals (titles from director level and below) from the retail, supplier and service provider communities in the bakery, deli, foodservice/prepared foods and dairy categories who are making a mark—and a difference—in their stores, companies and communities through demonstrated leadership, results-oriented achievements, peer mentoring and related exceptional contributions to their companies’ overall success.
Recognizes senior-level business leaders (titles of VP or higher) from the retail, supplier and service provider communities in the bakery, deli, foodservice/prepared foods and dairy segments who consistently demonstrate outstanding leadership, dynamic vision, inventive strategic direction and innovative solution building while providing exemplary inspiration for a new generation of up-and-coming leaders.
“Our fresh departments are successful thanks to the commitment, drive and dedication of food industry professionals,” said Mike Eardley, president and CEO of Madison, Wis.-based IDDBA. “Champions of Change will recognize the talented individuals that have not only left their mark on growing and expanding our categories through the years but also the next generation of leaders who will help shape the future of retail dairy, deli, bakery and foodservice.”
The charter class of 2019 Champions of Change will be revealed in Winsight Grocery Business’ May print issue and will be honored at a celebratory event during IDDBA 19 on June 2 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Fla.
“We are proud to collaborate with IDDBA to launch our new Champions of Change platform, which was developed to shine a light on the grocery industry’s men and women who are most deserving of recognition of their dedication and outstanding leadership contributions to their companies, communities and customers they serve,” noted Jeffrey Friedman, Winsight Media’s EVP of grocery. “We are honored to partner with IDDBA and highlight these key people through Winsight Grocery Business and the Champions of Change event on June 2 in Orlando.”
The deadline for nominations is Feb. 22, 2019.
Champions of Change Nomination Overview
- All Champions of Change nominations must be submitted via the official online entry form on WGB’s website.
- All nominations must provide convincing details of demonstrated achievements, such as creating and executing impactful merchandising programs and initiatives that deliver significant financial and/or strategic objectives; astute problem-solving acumen; and surpassing performance benchmarks attained during the Jan. 1, 2018-Jan. 1, 2019 time frame.
- Information furnished on nomination forms will be used to judge applicants and serve as the basis for write-ups on all Champions of Change winners in WGB’s May issue.
- All nominations must include a high-resolution JPG (300 dpi) digital photo; winners’ photos will be published in the May issue of Winsight Grocery Business and the Champions of Change event program.
- All winners will be notified by late March.
- Questions? Email WGB’s Meg Major at firstname.lastname@example.org or IDDBA’s Eric Richard at email@example.com.
To submit a Champions of Change nominee, click here.