H-E-B on Sept. 12 opened its newest location in College Station, Texas, with a focus on fresh food and convenience services.
Located at 11675 Wellborn Road in the Jones Crossing Shopping Center, the 106,000-square-foot store features the largest Curbside Pickup in College Station. Customers can order groceries online with customized notes for the San Antonio-based retailer’s personal shoppers to select items based on individual preferences, such as thin-sliced deli meat or a ripe avocado. Customers can then opt for home delivery or curbside pickup at a scheduled time.
H-E-B Jones Crossing’s fresh features include a coffee and beer bar, a sushi and poke bowl station and South Flo Pizza, which offers made-to-order artisan pizzas priced at $10 per 16-inch pie, as well as restaurant seating for 45 people.
Photograph courtesy of H-E-B
“College Station and Texas A&M are growing and expanding, and as the community continues to grow, so are we,” Terry Williams, regional VP for H-E-B Houston, Northeast region, said in a statement. “We are excited to bring a third H-E-B location with more offerings and the latest technology to better serve our loyal customers.”
The new store touts a selection of more than 200 H-E-B Meal Simple heat-and-eat options—including Chicken Tortilla Soup, Simple Garlic Pesto Atlantic Salmon with Asparagus and Beef and Broccoli with Jasmine Rice Meal Kit—as well as H-E-B Organics options and H-E-B Select Ingredients, the retailer’s line of its own brand products that exclude unwanted ingredients such as high fructose corn syrup and artificial flavors.
Additional store features include:
- Gig’em gear department stocked with school spirit hats, shirts, koozies and more
- Assortment of Texas-made products, including jams, sauces, chips and spreads
- Healthy Living department with bulk foods such as nuts, grains, dried fruits, snack mixes and more
- Full-service Seafood department with fresh fish and seafood flown in daily
- Full-service Scratch Bakery and Tortilleria, offering a selection of organic and artisan breads baked daily, fresh tortillas, desserts, pastries and custom cakes
- H-E-B Floral department with delivery options
- Cooking Connection and Showtime Kitchen featuring live demonstrations and daily sampling
- Texas Backyard featuring pottery and ceramics, plants and seasonal foliage, as well as grills and fire pits
- Texas hospitality and knowledgeable service provided by 350 H-E-B Partners
In honor of the H-E-B Jones Crossing grand opening, the retailer is donating $1,000 each to the College Station Professional Firefighters Association, College Station Police Officers Association, Down Syndrome Association of Brazos Valley, Brazos Valley Community Action Agency and Mercy Project.