- Shopper marketing strategies are increasingly important in helping CPG companies reach target consumers. In fact, three out of five CPG companies use shopper marketing tactics, and more than half expect to increase usage next year. Seventy-two percent of large CPG companies use shopping marketing programs versus 40% of small CPG companies.
- Three out of five CPG companies use digital shopper marketing programs, dominated by Facebook and social media, and more than half expect to increase their usage in 2012.
- Account-specific marketing is on the rise. Two out of three CPG companies engage in retailer-specific marketing, including 80% of large CPG companies, with one-third of non-users planning to implement the technique in 2012.
- On average, CPG companies spend nearly 14% on trade funds as a percentage of gross sales.
- Product price increases are affecting CPG manufacturers. Nearly 80% of companies surveyed took a price increase on at least some of their products in 2011, and they expect to see continued increases in the coming year.
WANT BREAKING NEWS AT YOUR FINGERTIPS?
Get today’s need-to-know grocery industry intelligence. Sign up to receive texts from Winsight Grocery Business.