Moe's Southwest Grill has launched its first-ever grocery line of breakfast products, Moe’s Breakfast Bowls. The new line contains a minimum of 12 grams of protein in each variety and is made with hormone-free meats and no artificial flavors or colors. Moe's has partnered with Kellogg Co. on the development and manufacturing of the new product line.
"This is an awesome opportunity to expand our brand and bring options to consumers looking for satisfying morning meals that are also big on flavor and quality," says Bruce Schroder, president, Moe's Southwest Grill.”
Moe's Breakfast Bowls are now available nationwide in the frozen food aisle of grocery store giants like Walmart, Giant Eagle and Wegman's, and will be distributing soon to other retailers like Kroger and H-E-B by July. The line has a suggested retail price of $4.49 and features five varieties:
- Chorizo & Eggs – Spicy and zesty, this bowl provides a blend of eggs, cilantro lime rice, hormone-free pork chorizo and black beans, topped with a pico de gallo and queso sauce.
- Chorizo Benedict – Mildly spicy, this bowl features eggs, Yukon gold potatoes, hormone-free pork chorizo, pico de gallo, jalapeno lime hollandaise and avocado.
- Southwest Vegetarian – This meat-free bowl boasts 12 grams of protein and features eggs, pinto and black beans, cilantro lime rice, salsa verde, roasted tomatillo salsa fresco, queso fresco and avocado.
- Chicken Chilaquiles – A medium kick with 17 grams of protein, this bowl features eggs with hormone-free pulled chicken atop a bed of tortilla chips and pinto beans, with salsa, queso and cilantro.
- Huevos Rancheros – Featuring a fried egg, corn tortilla and black beans, this bowl provides 14 grams of protein and mild spice with salsa rojo, pico de gallo and queso fresco on top.
"We are thrilled to increase access to the delicious experience of Moe's through the debut of Moe's Breakfast Bowls at supermarkets nationwide," says Kat Cole, chief operating officer and president, FOCUS Brands, the parent company of Moe's. "The Southwest flavor profile is growing in appeal, but until now, not widely available in the breakfast category. Moe's Breakfast Bowls are meeting the demand for better-for-you, flavorful options for a high protein breakfast or breakfast-as-snack option."
WANT BREAKING NEWS AT YOUR FINGERTIPS?
Get today’s need-to-know grocery industry intelligence. Sign up to receive texts from Winsight Grocery Business.