Albertsons Cos. has launched Albertsons Performance Media, powered by Quotient, a digital media capability that provides brands with the opportunity to use proprietary shopper data to drive sales. The service is available across Albertsons’ more than 2,300 stores in 35 states.
Albertsons Performance Media is designed to help consumer packaged goods (CPGs) brands deliver targeted and relevant ad campaigns across the full spectrum of platforms—such as Albertsons’ digital properties, Quotient’s digital properties and third-party properties, including all major digital publishers—by driving product trial, attracting new customers and appealing to repeat buyers.
“The launch of Albertsons Performance Media, powered by Quotient, is a significant milestone in our journey to being more tightly integrated in the digital grocery ecosystem,” said Narayan Iyengar, SVP of digital and e-commerce at Albertsons Cos., with more than 30 million verified buyers, in a statement. “With this capability, we aspire to deepen our digital relationships with our CPG vendor partners while also being more relevant to our digitally savvy customers.”
Albertsons said the system is built on three pillars: shopper audience targeting using purchasing data; creative ad units to deliver brand equity ads and experiences across mobile, social and web, integrated with a call to action to drive sales, such as a digital coupon, in-store special or add-to-cart for online purchase; and media measurement, which uses advanced analytics to measure performance by linking ad views to a shopper’s verified purchase.
According to the release, the program allows brands to activate shoppers by:
- Amplifying events: Using performance media to support in-store events by targeting specific Albertsons shoppers when they are planning their shopping trip.
- Supporting shopper themes: Reaching the right shoppers at critical shopping times with brand or merchant messages (i.e., Mother’s Day, Back to School).
- Building brand loyalty: Amplifying a national brand campaign with retail call-to-action along the digital path to purchase, such as proximity to stores or incentives over multiple purchases over time.
- Launching products: Targeting media and offers to drive new product trial and repeat purchases, while allowing for A/B testing, campaign impact analysis and optimization.
- Boosting e-commerce sales: Driving shoppers to the digital shelf.
“Albertsons Companies, with great banners such as Safeway, Jewel-Osco and Albertsons, has long worked with digital solutions to drive in-store traffic, customer loyalty and sales,” said Mir Aamir, president and CEO of Quotient Technology, in the statement. “We are now thrilled to help Albertsons Companies become a leading avenue for data-driven digital media for brands to grow sales efficiently. We’re excited to power Albertsons Companies Performance Media with data science, media delivery and measurement, as well as integration with digital promotions, circulars and shopping lists. The potential for Performance Media is enormous.”
Quotient, which already partners with Albertsons Cos. on its digital savings programs, will manage and optimize the process of Performance Media. This includes collecting shopper data through point-of-sale with its Quotient Retailer iQ platform, working with brands and Albertsons to design campaigns, and developing and delivering creative and measurement throughout the entire process.