Following an indulgent holiday season, Central Market is inviting shoppers to “un-rind” with its annual Citrus Fest event, celebrating the peak season for citrus fruits.
Held in-store from Jan. 9-22, the event will feature in the produce department more than 55 varieties of citrus, including bergamots, limequats, satsuma tangerines, kishu mandarins, Buddha hands and calamondin, as well as offer citrus-inspired recipes on the Central Market website, such as Spinach Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette and Festive Ceviche.
"Central Market Citrus Fest provides the largest, most unique assortment of citrus products throughout the entire store,” said Mabrie Jackson, director of public affairs for H-E-B/Central Market. “It’s the peak of season for the freshest citrus produce, and we celebrate these lighter, zesty flavors in our market and seafood marinades, in our store-baked bakery delicacies, throughout our beer and wine department and in our Chef’s Case for crisp take-home flavors after the heavy holidays.”
The event will take place at the following locations:
- Central Market-Fort Worth, 4651 W. Freeway, Fort Worth, 76107
- Central Market-Lovers Lane, 5759 E. Lovers Lane, Dallas, 75206
- Central Market-Midway, 4349 W. Northwest Highway, Dallas, 75220
- Central Market-Plano, 320 Coit Road, Plano, 75075
- Central Market-Preston Royal, 10720 Preston Road, Dallas, 75230
- Central Market-Southlake, 1425 E. Southlake Blvd., Southlake, 76092
The Dallas-based gourmet grocery chain, owned by H-E-B, will be offering citrus cooking classes, including “A Salute to Citrus,” with cookbook author Ellise Pierce, and “Couples Cooking With Citrus With a Texas Twist,” with the Central Market Cooking School team. It will also be highlighting dozens of citrus-inspired products and all-new citrus items across store departments.
The meat counter, for instance, will feature a garlic lemon pepper dry rub for chicken and pork, as well citrus seasoned fresh sausage available in spicy sambal, garlic lemon pepper, orange-dijon, orange rosemary, Bavarian bratwurst, greca and orange-cranberry walnut varieties, while the seafood counter will tout lemon and herb stuffed branzino and snapper, citrus dill salmon patties and lemon dill crab cakes.
Additional citrus offerings include:
- Beer and wine, such as two new CMS Sauvignon Blancs from New Zealand and Revolver’s Full-Tang Tangerine IPA.
- Grocery items, like Inna Jam and Belmont Peanuts.
- Refrigerated products, including Ithaca Hummus and Caribe Juices.
- Deli items, featuring preserved lemon slices and new citrus stuffed Mt. Anthos Olives.
- Additional citrus-inspired products in the floral, healthy living, housewares, Chef’s Case and bakery departments.