Sambazon, the pioneer of açaí, announced the launch of new Sambazon 100 Juices, the first 100% juice line with 100 calories or less per bottle and 70% less sugar than other premium juices, say company officials. Packing the health benefits of 100 açaí berries in each bottle, this refreshingly exotic line delivers powerful antioxidants and healthy omegas with three flavors: Açaí Berry, Strawberry + Lemon + Açaí Berry and Pineapple + Coconut + Açaí Berry.
“Açaí has long been held as one of the most nutritionally dense superfoods on the planet and is sought after for its remarkable levels of antioxidants,” says Ryan Black, founder and CEO of Sambazon. “But most people don’t know that açaí is one of the only fruits in the world with virtually zero naturally-occurring sugar. Starting with that pure, organic açaí juice and blending in fresh fruits and natural, organic sweeteners has allowed us to create an invigorating, delicious beverage with all the exceptional health benefits of 100 açaí berries, but fewer calories and sugar. Sambazon 100 gives our consumers the most nutritious bang for their calorie buck.”
Like all Sambazon products, new Sambazon 100 Juices are Certified USDA Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified, vegan, and made with Ecocert Fair Trade açaí, company officials say. Each flavor contains only 5-11 grams of sugar per bottle, achieved through an organic and Non-GMO Project Verified blend of zero glycemic stevia and erythritol, plus low-glycemic agave in the Açaí Berry variety, officials add. Sambazon 100 will be available in natural health food stores and grocers nationwide beginning in March 2015, in 10.5-ounce bottles with an SRP of $3.49. Company officials describe the varieties as follows:
· Açaí Berry– With an exotic cocoa berry flavor, each bottle delivers the highest quality açaí and a boost of healthy antioxidants and omegas, with only 100 calories and 11 grams of sugar.
· Strawberry + Lemon + Açaí Berry – With antioxidant-rich acerola cherry, also known as Amazon Cherry, this juice is supercharged with 200 percent of the Daily Value of vitamin C. Each bottle has only 70 calories and 5 grams of sugar.
· Pineapple + Coconut + Açaí Berry – Nutritious coconut and Amazon superfoods make for a healthy and refreshing tropical juice, which has only 60 calories and 6 grams of sugar per bottle.
- FDA issues a warning about Canadian oysters
- Goodr deploys mobile supermarket in Virginia food desert
- Produce industry wrestles with sustainable packaging solutions
- Fresh foods rank high on the list for grocers and their customers
- Illinois’ new fight against food deserts to benefit independent grocers
Want breaking news at your fingertips?
Get today’s need-to-know grocery industry intelligence. Sign up to receive texts from Winsight Grocery Business.
Thanks for signing up!Click here to complete your profile
Listen to your daily news: GB PodcastsNew episodes weekdays