FMI–The Food Industry Association has announced its 2022 Store Manager Awards finalists. The 11 finalists, FMI noted, are being recognized for demonstrating team leadership; generating sales growth through smart people management and savvy business incentives; successfully communicating company and store goals and objectives; providing elevated customer service; and improving community relations.
"The 2022 class of Store Manager Awards finalists represent triumph over turbulence," FMI President and CEO Leslie Sarasin said in a statement. "Despite a raucous year of supply-chain disruptions, rising inflation and an ongoing pandemic, these 11 remarkable professionals remained undeterred in their commitment to achieving industry excellence." Sarasin added that the 2022 finalists "delivered inspiring results" for their companies, customers and communities.
The finalists are:
Category A (1-49 Stores)
- Jose Marroquin, store manager, Inserra Supermarkets ShopRite, New Milford, N.J.
- Scott Cristi, store manager, Roche Bros. Supermarkets, Co., West Roxbury, Mass.
- Stephanie Wright, store manager, Monadnock Food Co-op, Keene, N.H.
Category B (50-199 Stores)
- Dionne Martin, store manager, Giant Food, Fort Washington, Md.
- Raymond Stockard, store manager, K-VA-T Food Stores, Inc. d/b/a Food City, Kingsport, Tenn.
- Rob Santoni, store manager, Weis Markets, Inc., Nottingham, Md.
Category C (200+ Stores)
- Brandon Welch, store director, Brookshire Grocery Company, Monroe, LA
- Rob Vassar, store director, Meijer, Inc., Stevensville, Mich.
- Robin Olshenske, store manager, Food Lion, LLC, Myrtle Beach, S.C.
Category D (International)
- Dawn Haig, store manager, Save-On-Foods, Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada
- William Colquhoun, store manager, SPAR Scotland/CJ Lang, Abronhill, Scotland
FMI will profile each finalist on its Store Manager Awards website. From April 18–22, FMI will host voting for its People’s Pick category, during which the association will ask members of the public to vote for their favorite Store Manager Awards finalist. Winners from all four categories and the People’s Pick recipient will be announced during a live virtual celebration April 28 at 3 p.m. EST on FMI’s YouTube channel. The Store Manager Awards are sponsored by The Coca-Cola Co.