FMI–The Food Industry Association has announced its 2021 Store Manager Award finalists. The 10 finalists, chosen from a field of 77 nominees, are being recognized for generating sales growth; effectively communicating company and store goals and objectives; demonstrating team leadership in their store/company; providing exceptional customer service through in-store programs; and improving community relations.
“Our 2021 class of Store Manager Award finalists were already star performers before the challenges of the pandemic entered the picture,” FMI President and CEO Leslie Sarasin said. “The ways they quickly adjusted their businesses, continually rallied their teams and steadfastly served their communities during the extreme circumstances of a national emergency makes them truly exceptional.”
The finalists are:
Category A (1-49 stores)
- John Salcito, ShopRite Supermarkets Inc., New Rochelle, N.Y.
- Keith Buswell, Skogen's Festival Foods, Onalaska, Wis.
- Katie Swenson, Lunds & Byerlys, Minneapolis
Category B (50-199 stores)
- Morris Lewis, Super 1 Foods Store, Brookshire Grocery Co., New Iberia, La.
- William Randall, Giant Food, Falls Church, Va.
- Hugh "Rusty" Rollins, Food City, K-VA-T Food Stores Inc., Athens, Tenn.
Category C (200-plus stores)
- Brandon Lampkin, Hy-Vee Inc., Omaha, Neb.
- Donna Maxwell, Harris Teeter LLC, California, Md.
- John Spaulding, Meijer Co., Marquette, Mich.
Category D (International)
- Malene Hansen, SPAR Haderup, SPAR International, Haderup, Denmark
FMI will profile each finalist on its Store Manager Awards website, and over the next four weeks, the FMI Voice of Food Industry blog will feature their stories. From June 7-11, FMI will host its People’s Pick category, during which the association will ask members of the public to vote for their favorite Store Manager Awards finalist. Winners from all four categories and the People’s Pick recipient will be announced during a live, virtual celebration on June 17 at 1 p.m. EST on FMI’s YouTube channel. The Store Manager Awards are sponsored by The Coca-Cola Co.
WANT BREAKING NEWS AT YOUR FINGERTIPS?
Get today’s need-to-know grocery industry intelligence. Sign up to receive texts from Winsight Grocery Business.