FMI–The Food Industry Association announced March 30 that Randy Edeker, president and CEO of Hy-Vee Inc. will continue to serve as chairman of FMI’s board of directors and joins other officers extending their terms for an additional year.
Its 2022 board of directors will also include new product suppliers and retailers that represent the food industry supply chain.
“I am grateful to our board officers for their generosity with their time and counsel as we continue to navigate this challenging environment in our nation’s history together,” FMI President and CEO Leslie G. Sarasin said. ”I’m emboldened by these leaders and enthusiastic for the opportunity to add new perspectives and expertise as we serve with one powerful voice to elevate the food industry’s stature and relevance.”
Here’s a look at FMI’s 2022 board of directors:
Officers Extending Their Terms (one-year term)
- Chairman, Randy Edeker, Hy-Vee Inc., West Des Moines, Iowa
- President and CEO, Leslie Sarasin, FMI, Arlington, Va.
- Immediate Past Chairman, Joseph Sheridan, Wakefern Food Corp., Keasbey, N.J.
- Vice Chairman, Wholesaler: Brandon Barnholt, KeHE Distributors, Naperville, Ill.
- Vice Chairman, Finance: Brian George, Alex Lee Inc., Hickory, N.C.
- Vice Chairman, Communications: Jerry Golub, Northeast Grocery Inc., Schenectady, N.Y.
- Vice Chairman, Industry Relations: Kevin Holt, Ahold Delhaize USA, Quincy, Mass.
- Vice Chairman, Public Affairs: Laura Shapira Karet, Giant Eagle Inc., Pittsburgh
- Vice Chairman, Food Safety: Susan Morris, Albertsons Cos., Boise, Idaho
- Vice Chairman, Member Services: Michael Needler Jr., Fresh Encounter Inc., Findlay, Ohio
- Vice Chairman, Product Supplier: Steve Presley, Nestle USA Inc., Arlington, Va.
- Vice Chairman, Independent Operators: Lauri Youngquist, Knowlan's Super Markets Inc., St. Paul, Minn.
New Directors (three-year term)
- Stuart Aitken, The Kroger Co., Cincinnati
- John Alston, Brookshire Brothers Inc., Lufkin, Texas
- Robert Baesler, Baesler's Market, Terre Haute, Ind.
- Edward Basha III, Bashas’ Inc., Chandler, Ariz.
- Leon Bergmann, Save-A-Lot, Ltd., St. Ann, Mo.
- Brad Brookshire, Brookshire Grocery Co., Tyler, Texas
- Joseph Colalillo, ShopRite of Hunterdon County Inc., Flemington, N.J.
- Reynolds Cramer, Fareway Stores Inc., Boone, Iowa
- John Derderian, Allegiance Retail Services LLC (Foodtown), Iselin, N.J.
- Rudy Dory, Newport Avenue Market, Bend, Ore.
- Ron Edenfield, Wayfield Foods Inc., Lithia Springs, Ga.
- Wesley Eubanks, The Pictsweet Co., Bells, Tenn.
- Lou Fisher, Main Street Supermarket Corp., Millville, N.J.
- Don Fitzgerald, Dom’s Kitchen and Market, Chicago
- Greg Gregerson, Gregerson's Foods Inc., Gadsden, Ala.
- Thomas Heinen, Heinen's Grocery Stores, Cleveland
- Chieh Huang, Boxed Wholesale, New York
- Anthony Hucker, Southeastern Grocers Inc., Jacksonville, Fla.
- Robert Ingle II, Ingles Markets Inc., Black Mountain, N.C.
- Darrell Jones, Pattison Food Group, Langley, British Columbia, Canada
- Omar Jorge Peña, Compare Foods Supermarkets, Charlotte, N.C.
- Neil Kudrinko, Kudrinko’s Ltd., Westport, Ontario, Canada
- Brandt Louie, Georgia Main Food Group Ltd., Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
- Tres Lund, Lund Food Holdings Inc., Edina, Minn.
- Rob McDougall, Gelson’s Markets, Encino, Calif.
- Hendrik Meijer, Meijer Inc., Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Steve Oakland, TreeHouse Foods Inc., Oak Brook, Ill.
- Richard Riesbeck, Riesbeck Food Markets Inc., St. Clairsville, Ohip
- Todd Schnuck, Schnuck Markets Inc., St. Louis
- Jack Shakoor, Jack’s Super Foodtown, Caldwell, N.J.
- Mark Skogen, Festival Foods, De Pere, Wis.
- Michael Sleeper, Imperial Distributors Inc., Worcester, Mass.
- Colleen Wegman, Wegmans Food Markets Inc., Rochester, N.Y.
- Jonathan Weis, Weis Markets Inc., Sunbury, Pa.
- Steven Williams, PepsiCo Inc., Plano, Texas
- Rick Wright, Market of Choice Inc., Eugene, Ore.
Newest Product Supplier Directors (three-year term)
- Twyla Bailey, Mondelez International, East Hanover, N.J.
- Oli Morton, Kellogg Co., Battle Creek, Mich.
- Susanne Wasson, Corteva Agriscience, Johnston, Iowa
New Chairman’s Appointees (one-year term)
- Chris Boever, The Hain Celestial Group Inc., Tampa, Fla.
- Tim Figge, Hussmann Corporation, Bridgeton, Mo.
- John Ross, IGA Inc., Chicago
- Randy Skoda, Topco Associates LLC, Elk Grove Village, Ill.
A full member listing of FMI’s board leadership can be found at www.fmi.org/about-us/leadership.