Peapod Digital Labs, the e-commerce engine for Ahold Delhaize USA, has selected five participants to its Private Brands Incubator program, which aims to increase diversity within Ahold Delhaize's roster of private-label suppliers in the U.S., the company said on Thursday.
The two-and-a-half-month program allows participants to learn from Peapod Digital Labs’ Private Brands team about the private brand structure and goals, the company said in a statement. Mentors from Peapod Digital Labs will also prepare the participants for their final pitch. The program will culminate in November with a livestreamed event, announcing the overall winner, the company said.
“We are excited to welcome the five diverse-owned suppliers to our Private Brands Incubator program,” said Ian Prisuta, SVP of Private Brands at Peapod Digital Labs, in a statement. “We look forward to working with each brand, introducing them to our Private Brands team, structure, and goals, and helping them expand their knowledge about the brands of Ahold Delhaize USA.”
The five diverse-owned suppliers to the Private Brands Incubator program include:
- Nuttin Ordinary, LLC – the certified LGBT and minority-owned company crafts 100% plant-based cheese spreads, cream cheese, dips and ravioli products that are lactose-intolerant friendly, vegan friendly and sustainable.
- Rhythm Roasting Company – this certified minority-owned company is a coffee supplier and support organization for coffee growers from around the world seeking to expand their scope and accessibility throughout the coffee industry.
- Whole & Free Foods, LLC – a certified women-owned company, Whole & Free Foods makes, markets and sells delicious foods that are free from the top 14 allergens, corn and sugar.
- Battle Tested, LLC – this veteran-owned gourmet barbeque sauce is all natural and gluten free. No high fructose corn syrup or artificial preservatives. Made in small batches.
- Mr. Kooks Inc – a certified minority-owned company, Mr. Kooks is a line of Indian Simmer Sauces targeted towards consumers who want to eat Indian food but do not have the expertise to cook it from scratch.