A sign that things are beginning to return to “normal,” Shoptalk and Groceryshop announced June 7 a return to in-person events starting this fall, as well as the lineup of their virtual meetup counterparts. Shoptalk also announced the relaunch of Shoptalk Europe, to be held in 2022 at the ExCeL London convention center in East London.
More than 40 industry leaders have already been confirmed as speakers for Groceryshop 2021, including CEOs and C-level executives from Kroger, Ahold Delhaize, Albertsons, Target, P&G, PepsiCo, Kellogg's, Doordash and Grove Collaborative. The final agenda will feature more than 150 speakers.
"We’re announcing the full lineup of events now so our sponsors, attendees and other partners can mark their calendars and set their budgets for the remainder of 2021 and all of 2022 as they continue to manage through unprecedented changes, including in technology adoption, in the retail and grocery industries," said Rebecca Sausner, general manager for Shoptalk and Groceryshop.
Other events on tap for this year and the next include:
- Shoptalk Fall Meetup, to be held online Oct. 19-21, 2021. This event will include European participants and fills a major gap in the post-Labor Day schedule, which has been devoid of any large-scale U.S. retail events since 2018, Shoptalk said in a release. "Given how busy retailers are in the fall preparing for the holiday season, a virtual event is the perfect solution to their ongoing need to make connections and do business, without the additional time out of office or travel requirements," Sausner added.
- Groceryshop Spring Meetup, to be held online May 10-12, 2022.
- Shoptalk Europe, to be held June 6-8, 2022, at ExCel London. Shoptalk Europe, which launched in 2017, will be relaunched in 2022 and is expected to become the preeminent European retail event. "The European market is in great need of a top-quality retail event," said Katy Fryatt, launch director for Shoptalk Europe. "We expect more than 2,500 attendees and more than 250 sponsoring companies to come together to learn, network and trade at Shoptalk Europe 2022."
- Shoptalk Meetup for Women, to be held online June 21-23, 2022. This event will celebrate women’s successes, champion gender equality and propel more women into leadership roles. "Our inaugural Shoptalk Meetup for Women, held last month, was an incredible success, bringing together a new community of smart, talented and like-minded women committed to helping each other achieve their business and professional goals," said Krystina Gustafson, Shoptalk and Groceryshop's SVP of content. "We're excited to welcome even more women into this community each and every year, and to help them build meaningful connections."
- Groceryshop 2022, to be held Sept. 18-21, 2022, at the Aria resort in Las Vegas.
- Shoptalk Fall Meetup, to be held online Oct. 25-27, 2022.
Shoptalk and Groceryshop Meetups bring large, curated groups together for double opt-in virtual meetings and peer group discussions, with an aggregate of more than 33,000 online meetings for more than 4,000 participants. "Our Meetups experienced unprecedented success over the past nine months, and achieved more than 90% satisfaction rate for meetings,” said Katie Dominesey, VP of commercial for Shoptalk. “Participants have told us they want to continue to connect post-pandemic and year-round with these efficient, cost-effective formats, which is why we're making them part of our permanent lineup of events.”
Both Shoptalk and Groceryshop are Hyve Group PLC events. Shoptalk is known for bringing together thousands of industry changemakers to collaborate across a broad range of online and offline use cases and innovative new formats, including Tabletalks, Hosted Meetings and Meetups.
Groceryshop produces online and offline events for innovation in grocery and consumer packaged goods (CPG), covering the evolution of grocery retailers, including supermarkets, mass merchants, convenience stores, drug stores, club/warehouse stores, discount stores and ecommerce players. Groceryshop events also address the disruptive shifts in how consumers discover, shop and buy products in an increasingly wide range of stores and online destinations, including the latest technologies, trends and business models.
WANT BREAKING NEWS AT YOUR FINGERTIPS?
Get today’s need-to-know grocery industry intelligence. Sign up to receive texts from Winsight Grocery Business.