Aldi’s 2021 Fan Favorites are in, and this year’s results “evolved to reflect how Aldi products fit into our customers' everyday lives,” VP of National Buying Scott Patton said.
Since 2019, more than 360,000 customers have voted for their top picks from a wide variety of Aldi-exclusive items, with this year’s survey featuring 10 new categories that the discounter said capture its growing product selection.
The 2021 Fan Favorites winners, which shoppers can find in-store by searching for the blue heart-shaped logo, are:
- Cult Favorite: Appleton Farms Premium Sliced Bacon (repeat winner)
- Stream & Snack: Clancy's Kettle Chips (repeat winner)
- Morning Meeting Must-Have: Specially Selected Brioche and French Toast Bagels
- Guilt-Free Go-To: Friendly Farms Almond, Coconut & Oat Milk (repeat winner)
- Guess Who's Back: Huntington Home 3 Wick Candles
- Mama Knows Best: Mama Cozzi's Pizza Kitchen Take and Bake Deli Pizza (repeat winner)
- Little Fan Favorite: Happy Farms String Cheese (repeat winner)
- Sip & Celebrate: PurAqua Belle Vie Sparkling Flavored Water (repeat winner)
- Dinner Delight: Fresh Family Pack Chicken Breasts
- Keeping It Fresh: Strawberries (repeat winner)
"Despite the changes in shopping patterns throughout the past year, the number of repeat winners shows customers found comfort in their go-to products,” Patton said in a release.
As the overall Fan Favorite from 2020, the Mama Cozzi's Pizza took the top prize in the Mama Knows Best category and remained the top vote-getter overall with more than 45,000 votes. And in the Little Fan Favorites category, three-time champion Happy Farms String Cheese earned more than 50% of total category votes, solidifying its spot as a favorite for kids of all ages.
Still, plenty of new Aldi classics made their way into the winner’s circle, with the Huntington Home 3 Wick Candles narrowly winning over the famed holiday Advent calendars and popular Emporium Selection Cheese Assortments in the Guess Who's Back category, Aldi said.
The Morning Meeting Must-Have category wasn’t as close, though, with Specially Selected Brioche and French Toast Bagels the runaway winner with nearly 30,000 votes.
Earlier this year, Aldi, which has more than 2,000 stores across 37 states, swept in BrandSpark’s 2021 Best New Product Awards, and it was one of the winningest companies in Product of Year USA’s annual awards.