Amazon is offering new rewards for Whole Foods Market shoppers. Eligible Prime members will now earn 5% back on Whole Foods purchases when using the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card, while cardmembers who are not Prime members will earn 3% back.
Cardmembers can earn rewards on Whole Foods items ranging from meat to sustainably-sourced seafood, to a vast selection of local, Whole Trade and organic produce.
The announcement follows Amazon's recent launch of Prime Now same-day delivery capabilities from Whole Foods stores.
“We are excited to launch the Amazon Rewards Visa Card in our stores, offering benefits to our customers on all of their purchases at Whole Foods Market,” John Mackey, co-founder and CEO at Whole Foods, said in a statement.
The incentive is an addition to the rewards Prime members already receive, including 5% back on Amazon purchases, 2% back at restaurants, gas stations and drug stores, and 1% back on all other purchases, as well as the 3% back on Amazon purchases, 2% at restaurants, gas stations and drugstores, and 1% on other purchases for non-Prime members.
“We’ve seen incredible excitement and adoption around our Amazon Rewards Visa Credit Cards and are thrilled to partner with Amazon and Whole Foods Market to bring even more rewards to our joint cardmembers,” Leslie Gillin, president of Chase Co-Brand Cards, said in a statement.
Full details of the rewards include:
- 5% back on Whole Foods purchases with an eligible Prime membership; 3% back for non-Prime members
- 5% back at Amazon.com with an eligible Prime membership; 3% back for non-Prime members
- 2% back at restaurants, gas stations and drug stores
- 1% back on all other purchases
- No cap on rewards earned
- Rewards never expire and are redeemable, as long as the cardmember’s account is open, on millions of products at Amazon.com
- No foreign transaction fees when traveling abroad or for cross-border shopping
- No annual credit card fee
- Zero fraud liability
- Travel and purchase protection benefits, plus a 24/7 concierge service, through Visa Signature