Looking to strengthen its leadership team and advance the company’s omnichannel strategy, The Giant Co. on Wednesday announced several promotions.
- Manuel Haro, who first joined the company in 2012 and currently serves as divisional vice president of Greater Philadelphia, has been promoted to the role of VP of finance and strategy. With nearly 20 years of retail and consumer packaged goods experience, Haro will oversee finance, real estate and strategy. Haro will report directly to The Giant Co. President Nicholas Bertram.
- Joanna Crishock has been promoted to the role of VP of marketing and commercial planning. Crishock, who most recently served as director of strategy and chief of staff to Bertram, joined the company in 2010 and has more than 18 years of experience in customer-centric roles. In her new role, she will lead all elements of the brand experience including brand strategy, circular, design, loyalty and social media, as well as the brand’s e-commerce strategy and commercial planning. Crishock will report directly to John Ruane, who has been named senior VP of commercial to include his expanded responsibilities of marketing and commercial planning.
- Daren Russ, a retail leader with more than 18 years of experience including his most recent role as director of e-commerce operations, has been promoted to the role of VP of omnichannel operations. In his new role, Russ will lead customer support, e-commerce operations including fulfilment and last mile, pharmacy operations, and store support. Russ will report directly to Glennis Harris, SVP for customer experience.
- Tim Santoro, a 25-year veteran of the grocery retailer, has been promoted to the role of divisional VP of Greater Philadelphia. Santoro succeeds Haro. In his most current role, Santoro served as regional director for 19 Giant stores in Lancaster and York counties in Pennsylvania. In his new role, Santoro will oversee the day-to-day retail operations and store teams of more than 90 The Giant Co. stores. Santoro will report directly to Harris.
- April Mock, director of communications and corporate social responsibility, has added the role of chief of staff to the president to her responsibilities. Mock, who joined the company in 2015, oversees external and internal communications as well as the company’s corporate social responsibility efforts. Mock will continue to report to Jennifer Heinzen Krueger, VP of team experience, in addition to supporting Bertram.
“Today’s appointments are the intended result of our ongoing investment in our greatest asset—our team members,” said Bertram. “By growing through these new opportunities, each of these leaders will deepen their current abilities and hone new skillsets while propelling our omnichannel strategy forward, positioning The Giant Company for long-term growth and success. I’m incredibly proud of all that Manuel, Joanna, John, Daren and April have achieved so far and look forward to seeing how they will continue to positively impact our business, teams, customers and communities for the better in their new roles.”
Continuing its growth within greater Philadelphia, The Giant Co. opened a 50,340-square-foot grocery store in Richboro at 1025 Second St. Pike on July 1. The Carlisle, Pennsylvania-based grocer said the Richboro store, offering the grocer's signature fresh departments, is part of its expansion strategy within Philadelphia and surrounding communities.
The Giant Co. is a banner of Ahold Delhaize USA, which has more than 35,000 employees supporting 190 stores, 133 pharmacies, 107 fuel stations and more than 175 online pickup hubs and grocery delivery service. Its family of brands includes Giant, Martin’s, Giant Heirloom Market, Giant Direct and Martin’s Direct.