Pop star Jewel will headline a free livestreamed concert and wellness summit Oct. 10 put on by Kroger Health, The Kroger Co.’s healthcare arm.
The event, dubbed The Wellness Experience, marks World Mental Health Day and will feature artists, business leaders and mental health experts for “a day of inspiration, education and entertainment,” say organizers Kroger, Jewel and the events company Inclusion Cos. The event will shine a light on mindfulness and mental wellness and practices to combat depression and anxiety through personal stories, songs and expert interviews, and provide viewers with actionable steps to improve their well-being, the Cincinnati-based retailer said.
“We launched The Wellness Experience to inspire everyone to live healthier lives. The goal is to provide easy steps and solutions that combine health, wellness and nutrition and connect with our customers on a personal level," Colleen Lindholz, president of Kroger Health, said in a statement. “The platform also provides Kroger Health with an additional way to highlight the helpful and accessible products, services and resources we offer to support our customers’ well-being.”
In addition to Jewel, a multiplatinum singer-songwriter and actress who is also a best-selling author and co-founder of the Wellness Experience, music performers scheduled for the event include rock bands Haim and the X-Ambassadors, country and hip-hop artist Willie Jones, singer-songwriters Brynn Elliott and Grace VanderWaal and the alt-folk trio Judah & the Lion.
The full lineup of speakers and performers are below.
- Jewel, multiplatinum singer-songwriter, actress, bestselling author and co-founder of The Wellness Experience
- Rodney McMullen, chairman and CEO, The Kroger Co.
- Dr. Marc Watkins, chief medical officer, The Kroger Co.
- Frankie Grande, actor, influencer and philanthropist
- Beth Behrs, actress and writer, host and executive producer of Harmonics Podcast
- Haim, American rock band
- Willie Jones, country and hip-hop artist, host of Apple Music's Crossroads Radio
- Brynn Elliott, singer-songwriter
- Grace VanderWaal, singer-songwriter
- X Ambassadors, rock band
- Judah & the Lion, alt-folk trio
- Nicholas Petricca, Walk the Moon band
- Justin Kan, co-founder of Twitch, entrepreneur and investor
- Molly Bloom, entrepreneur, author and subject of the Academy Award-nominated film "Molly's Game"
- Dr. Blaise Aguirre, expert in child and adolescent psychiatry at Harvard Medical School Affiliate McLean Hospital
- Dr. Judson Brewer, addiction psychiatrist, expert in mindfulness training for habit change, treating addictions and unwanted behaviors
"We recognize that many are combating the silent symptoms of COVID 19—anxiety, depression and isolation—in addition to their physical health," said Jewel. "We know that mental wellness is critical right now, and I’m thrilled to partner with Kroger to safely connect with people across the U.S. to provide tools and resources for mental wellness during these uncertain times.”
The event will also raise funds to support the Inspiring Children Foundation (ICF) and its COVID-19 mental health programs. ICF is a Las Vegas-based nonprofit that aims to revolutionize youth development by providing an ideal model of education in underserved communities. For 18 years, ICF has helped at-risk youth suffering with financial distress, anxiety, depression and suicidal ideation survive then thrive at their highest levels.
To register for the free World Mental Health Day Summit & Concert, visit here.