Schnucks Markets has revealed its plans to revamp the 10 remaining stores that it purchased from now-defunct Shop 'n Save as it completes the rebranding of the first nine supermarkets.
The St. Louis-based retailer, which purchased 19 of the 36 Shop 'n Save supermarkets, a stand-alone pharmacy and four fuel centers from Supervalu in September, is "still evaluating the operational requirements" needed for the fuel centers, according to company officials, and has yet to set an opening date.
The St. Louis-area stores will be closed for only 63 hours, as were the initial nine rebrands, as crews move in to switch out point-of-sale systems, swap signage to the Schnucks logo and restock shelves. The makeovers will be completed by Oct. 19 and a ceremonial ribbon-cutting will be held at the newly acquired Fenton location to celebrate the collective openings, the retailer said.
According to Dave Peacock, Schnucks' president and COO, the retailer will "focus on more extensive upgrades in the coming months."
“We’ve seen with our first round of openings that customers are eager to return to their neighborhood stores as quickly as possible, and we’re just as eager to welcome them to Schnucks,” Peacock said, thanking local leaders for helping the retailer to make the turnaround as quick as possible.
In addition to rebranding the stores, Schnucks has reportedly lowered prices from what was offered at Shop 'n Save.
“We took the top hundred items and compared them," Peacock told Fox 2 News. "What we learned was when you add them all up, we were cheaper. What we also saw in some instances where we weren’t, we actually took our prices down, metro-wide at all of our stores.”
The scheduled reopenings are as follows:
Wednesday, Oct. 17, at 9 a.m.:
● 1421 Mexico Loop Road East, O’Fallon, Mo.
● 1032 Lemay Ferry Road, St. Louis, Mo.
● 1900 East Edwardsville Road, Wood River, Ill. 62095
Friday, Oct. 19, at 9 a.m.:
● 3740 Monticello Plaza, O’Fallon, Mo. 63368
● 5780 S. Lindbergh Blvd., St. Louis, Mo. 63123
● 634 Berkshire Blvd., East Alton, Ill. 62024
● 800 Carlyle Ave., Belleville, Ill. 62221
● Standalone Pharmacy: 500 W. Highway 50, Union, Mo. 63084
Sunday, Oct. 21, at 9 a.m.:
● 1275 N. Truman Blvd., Festus, Mo. 63028
● 1721 Homer M. Adams Parkway, Alton, Ill. 62002
● 2122 Troy Road, Edwardsville, Ill. 62025