Sprouts Farmers Market is expanding its footprint across the U.S. with 13 store openings slated for the second half of 2019, including five Florida locations and its first store in Virginia. By the end of the year, the Phoenix-based retailer will operate 340 stores in 22 states.
Touting a “highly differentiated model” compared to conventional grocery stores—offering fresh, natural and organic products at affordable prices—Sprouts entered the Mid-Atlantic region in early 2018 with two stores in Maryland and its flagship Philadelphia store, which debuted in September. The retailer has since expanded its presence across the eastern U.S., including in Florida and the Carolinas.
The five new Florida locations slated for later this year will feature Sprouts’ newest operational and design enhancements, which aim to highlight department destinations and promote customer engagement throughout the store. The Butcher Shop and Fish Market will feature eye-catching marquee signage and display cases, emphasizing the departments' knowledgeable and personal service. The Market Corner Deli will feature a detached, rectangular island offering made-to-order sandwiches, a salad bar, prepared foods, sushi made in-store and fresh juice, all designed to optimize customer service and convenience.
Photograph courtesy of Sprouts Farmers Market
Sprouts stores also boast an assortment of bulk foods, vitamins and supplements, dairy, bakery, natural body care items and gluten-free products, as well as more than 2,400 Sprouts Brand items, which meet strict ingredient standards.
Additional locations will open later this year in Maryland, North Carolina, California and Arizona. Each new store will bring approximately 140 new jobs to their respective communities, offering competitive pay, team member discounts and career advancement opportunities.
Grand opening dates and hiring event details will be announced separately at a later date.
The full list of Sprouts stores opening in the second half of 2019:
- Bel Air, Md. – 680 Marketplace Drive
- Deerfield Beach, Fla. – 930 South Federal Highway
- Greensboro, N.C. – 3357 Battleground Ave.
- Herndon, Va. – 494 Elden St.
- Jacksonville, Fla. – 4873 Town Center Parkway
- Jupiter, Fla. – 3757 Military Trail
- Lake Forest, Calif. – 24332 Rockfield Blvd.
- Laveen, Ariz. – 59th Avenue and Baseline Road
- New Port Richey, Fla. – 8840 Strength Ave.
- Riverview, Fla. – Summerfield Crossing and Highway 301
- Vista, Calif. – 1400 E. Vista Way
- West Covina, Calif. – Citrus Street and Workman Avenue
- West Hollywood, Calif. – 8550 Santa Monica Blvd.