How Gas Rewards Works:
- When customers shop with their Stop & Shop card, they automatically earn points toward gas. For every $1 spent on qualifying purchases, one point is earned.
- For every 100 points earned, customers can receive 10 cents off per gallon at the pump.
- Gas Reward points are automatically added to shopper's Stop & Shop loyalty card. Customers can track their points on their receipt, online, through the new Stop & Shop mobile app, or by calling the Stop & Shop Card Hotline at 1-877-366-2668.
- Gas Rewards points may be redeemed at all Stop & Shop gas stations and at more than 700 participating Shell stations throughout the Northeast.
- At Shell pumps in New Jersey, customers will present their Stop & Shop Rewards Card to the Shell full-serve attendant along with their method of payment. The attendant will swipe the Rewards card, select method of payment on the pump screen and then begin fueling. The gas will be pumped at the posted price but the amount the customer pays will be less the Stop & Shop Gas Rewards savings. The customer's Gas Rewards savings will appear post-fueling on their receipt.
- Customers may use up to 2,200 points for each redemption with a 35 gallon maximum per vehicle per fill-up.
The Stop & Shop Supermarket Company and Shell are announcing the expansion of Stop & Shop's Gas Rewards program to customers in New Jersey. On Monday, September 10th, customers will be able to redeem their Stop & Shop Gas Rewards points at more than 135 participating Shell stations in New Jersey.
The Stop & Shop's Gas Rewards program was originally launched in New England and New York in 2010 but programs of this nature were previously not permitted in New Jersey. However, legislation passed unanimously by the State Assembly and State Senate and signed into law by Governor Christie allowing New Jersey motorists to enjoy the same savings already available to drivers in other states including New York, Massachusetts Rhode Island and Connecticut.
For every dollar spent at Stop & Shop on purchases (some restrictions apply), customers will earn one point, and for every 100 points they will receive 10 cents off per gallon of their next fuel purchase at participating New Jersey Shell stations. Customers will be able to save up to $2.20 per gallon by shopping at Stop & Shop and presenting their Stop & Shop loyalty card. Unlike other states, the discount will not appear at the pump but will be reflected on the customer's receipt. Once points are earned they can be redeemed at any participating Shell station within 30 days from the date of purchase.
"We are pleased that we can help our customers reduce the cost of filling their gas tank," said Don Sussman, Division President of Stop & Shop New York Metro. Stop & Shop applauds our elected officials for enacting legislation that allows us to partner with Shell and allow our New Jersey customers to enjoy the same benefits that Stop & Shop customers in neighboring states have long enjoyed."
"At Shell, we understand that consumers are looking for smart and easy ways to get more from their everyday purchases without sacrificing quality," said Dan Little, Shell North American Fuels Marketing Manager. "We are pleased that the drivers of New Jersey will be able to take advantage of this rewards program so they can earn rewards that can be redeemed for significant savings on all three grades of Shell Nitrogen Enriched Gasolines including Shell V-Power Premium Gasoline and Shell Diesel."
In addition to earning points on regular qualifying grocery purchases, savvy shoppers can load up on added savings and points in several ways: through Peapod by Stop & Shop home delivery purchases; and out-of-pocket purchases at any Stop & Shop pharmacy (with some exceptions). Once points are earned they can be redeemed at any participating Shell station within 30 days from the date of purchase.
Stop & Shop's Gas Rewards program is one of the many benefits provided by the Stop & Shop loyalty card, including discounts throughout the store with weekly specials, personalized exclusive mailings and a customized account page to view and keep track of savings and rewards.