West Des Moines, Iowa-based Hy-Vee is giving 14 stores in Kansas and Missouri a face-lift. The renovations, which will be completed in early 2020, will include unique foodservice offerings, new departments, updated signage, enhanced health and wellness services and, in some cases, refreshed convenience stores.
Some of the new features include Mia Pizza; hibachi and sushi islands; Basin and beauty department expansions; the relocation and upgrade of existing in-store Starbucks locations; HealthMarket expansions; new floral departments; gifting departments; the addition of Joe Fresh clothing; self-checkout lanes; and the rebranding of existing Hy-Vee Gas locations to Hy-Vee Fast & Fresh Express locations.
In addition to the store remodels, Hy-Vee is building a fulfillment center in the area that will open later this fall to serve the stores’ Hy-Vee Aisles Online grocery pickup and delivery customers.
“Hy-Vee has a proud history in the Kansas City metro area, opening our first store in Overland Park in 1988,” said Jeremy Gosch, EVP, co-COO and chief retail officer of Hy-Vee. “Thirty-one years later, we have 24 stores serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka and Manhattan and are excited to make this nearly $90 million investment in an area that has been a great home to Hy-Vee.”
The following stores are being or have been remodeled:
- 64th Street Hy-Vee, 5330 NW 64th St., Kansas City, Mo.
- Barry Road Hy-Vee, 8301 N. St. Clair Ave., Kansas City, Mo.
- Liberty Hy-Vee, 109 N. Blue Jay Drive, Liberty, Mo.
- Blue Springs Hy-Vee, 625 W. Highway 40, Blue Springs, Mo.
- Gladstone Hy-Vee, 7117 N. Prospect, Gladstone, Mo.
- Noland Road Hy-Vee, 4545 S. Noland Road, Independence, Mo.
- Shawnee Hy-Vee, 13550 W. 63rd St., Shawnee, Kan.
- 95th Street Hy-Vee, 8501 W. 95th St., Overland Park, Kan.
- Overland Park South Hy-Vee, 8900 W. 135th St., Overland Park, Kan.
- Prairie Village Hy-Vee, 7620 State Line Road, Prairie Village, Kan.
- Lenexa Hy-Vee, 13400 W. 87th Parkway, Lenexa, Kan.
- Clinton Parkway Hy-Vee, 3504 Clinton Parkway, Lawrence, Kan.
Remaining stores in the region will begin the renovation process in 2020.