With a mission to empower its customers to make informed, healthy choices, Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage has redesigned its website to offer a more personalized, streamlined digital experience.
Branded as Natural Grocers “good4u,” the new 360-degree format features resources to connect shoppers to nutrition education, healthy recipes, product deals and the story behind the retailer’s brand and mission.
“Since 1955, it has been our mission to empower our customers to take control of their health,” Kemper Isley, co-president of Lakewood, Colo.-based Natural Grocers, said in a statement. “Above all, our new website aims to connect Natural Grocers customers to vital nutrition education and resources in the ways that are most relevant to them.”
The homepage greets shoppers with an image of vibrant fruits and veggies that read “100% Organic Produce,” coupled with the USDA Organic logo, serving as an immediate emphasis on the retailer’s quality standards. Following are links to expanded descriptions of Natural Grocers’ standards, story, community and career opportunities, as well as a short video that highlights the retailer’s family-run format and five founding principles: nutrition education; highest quality products; every day affordable prices; commitment to its communities; and commitment to its employees.
"We recognize today's consumers want to know the story behind the products they buy, and we have a powerful and unique story to tell,” Isley said. “The new and improved website showcases why we're different, telling the good4u Natural Grocers story through the eyes of family members, customers and vendors. The new website also describes the company's standards and purpose in an informative and entertaining format."
Designed to offer a cleaner, more streamlined search experience, the website—which is also mobile and tablet friendly—includes the following new features:
- Standards: Visitors can access the retailer’s meat, dairy and other product standards, including explanations of what Natural Grocers won’t sell and why.
- Product finder: Shoppers can easily search for products that are carried in all 148 Natural Grocers locations.
- Recipe finder: The new website features a variety of recipes designed for healthy lifestyles, dietary restrictions and special diets.
- Store locator: The virtual tool allows customers to easily locate their closest Natural Grocers store.
- Nutrition Center: This new section features nutrition education tips, recipes, a nutrition library, an event finder and access to Nutritional Health Coaches.
- Deals: The new website highlights Npower savings, Health Hotline deals, discounts on organic product and the retailer’s monthly Hot Deals.
Utilizing a centralized content management system that allows for the integration of additional applications, Natural Grocers’ new website is designed to provide improved page speed and enhanced layouts, faster and more responsible page load times for multiple devices, simplified navigation for visitors, articles and promotions.