The National Grocers Association (NGA) Foundation launched the new NGA Foundation Career Center to connect supermarket industry professionals across all fields and career stages to employers with open opportunities. The Career Center also provides training resources and tips to help recruit or retain employees.
“Providing opportunities for professional development and career growth are core to our mission to serve the people of the supermarket industry, specifically independent grocers,” said Matt Ott, executive director of the NGA Foundation. “The new NGA Foundation Career Center will help everyone, from students to executives, connect with companies seeking qualified candidates for a multitude of positions in our industry. We’re excited to see this incredible resource help companies build their bench and strengthen the grocery industry for years to come.”
With several thousand job opportunities, the Career Center also offers:
- Job seeker resources, including complimentary resume review, interview tips, social media guidelines and more.
- Information on in-person training opportunities to support current team members’ professional advancement.
- The ability to post anonymous resumes, allowing job seekers to be recruited while remaining in control over which employers view their complete information.
- Access to the NGA online training and education center, with more than 170 courses in topics ranging from food compliance to merchandising and management.
- A variety of options for employers to distribute jobs to passive job-seeking professionals who do not visit job boards, including Job Flash emails to the NGA Foundation’s registered job seekers.
- Extensive employment brand advertising opportunities for employers and organizations.
- A mobile-responsive environment to ensure job seekers have an optimal experience, regardless of device being used.
- The ability for industry professionals to be alerted every time a new job becomes available that matches their personal goals and interests.
The Career Center was developed with the support of East Central Ohio Food Dealers and FMS Solutions. For questions about posting to the Career Center, email email@example.com and for more information, visit www.grocerycareer.org.